The Straight Mass Flow Hopper has been specifically designed as a solution for the unloading of ISO 20ft, 30ft, and 40ft marine containers, which are mounted on chassis with tilting platforms so that the product is transferred to the hopper via gravity.
The hopper is mounted on a load-bearing structure so that it can be moved with a forklift through its standard forks. The Hopper can be lifted, hung, and connected from the bottom-back to the container by means of Twist Lock hooks, and from the top by means of fixing levers that are inserted into the cavity where the hinges of both doors of the container are located, allowing the equipment to be safely moored.
The basic operating principle of the “discharge hopper” is that once connected and secured to the container the product will flow and fall via gravity inside the hopper, which is dust-tight.
The hopper incorporates an endless shaft with spokes; this means there is an open space between the helical thread and the shaft that supports it, which eliminates the stacking of material and transports material to the center of the hopper to evacuate by redirecting the product to a rotary valve that transfers the product to a silo.
However, if the characteristics of a material do not help it to flow easily enough, the following aids will be used:
- Fluidizer pads on the liner bag – Small holes distributed along the entire length of the liner bag floor conduct air inside with the intention of flowing upward, similar to air bubbles, to segment the material and thus break the compaction of the product. The air can be kept active throughout the course of the discharge.
- Air lances of the hopper – Devices which, by means of a pressure tank accumulator of pressurized air and commanded by a control panel, give the signal to launch shots of air at very high speeds through these lances and directly inside the bag via its discharge sleeve. This is activated voluntarily as needed.
- Auxiliary vibrators – These elements are independent of the operation of the hopper and must be mounted on the structural beams under the floor of the container. They are activated in short sequences at will, giving rise to high-frequency vibrations transmitted from the container to the product to help defragment the compaction.
A complete discharge with a maximum loading volume (depending on the density of the product loaded between 18 to 27Tm) can take between 60-90 minutes, depending on the efficiency of the rotary valve capacity.
For those markets in which tilting chassis are readily available.
- Highly movable and easy to handle.
- Works well with standard size containers.
- Bypasses intermediate transloading 3PLs at origin and end destination
- 4. Improves containers’ infrastructure application.
- Includes its own PLC internal control system.
The Straight Mass Flow Hopper can assist in the unloading of most bulk powder products of various types and can be used in various industries, including environmental, recycling, agriculture, food, mineral, chemical, and pharmaceutical.
This solution is optimal for products such as carbonates, flours, cement, powdered milk, PVC, sugar, coal, etc. — essentially any material that exhibits behavior in line with its physical characteristics and according to its granulometry, particle size, angle of repose, density, hygroscopic degree, which can make it difficult during the handling of its transport and subsequent unloading.
This solution will enable exporters, importers, distributors, and manufacturers of granular and powder raw materials to improve their supply chain processes with regards to environmental impact by switching to intramodal bulk containerized shipments that offer a true silo-to-silo delivery system to each shipment in 20ft, 30ft, 40ft, 45ft, and 53ft standard sea containers.